This committee is responsible for reviewing technical practices and making that information available to the membership on how to operate and manage water pollution control facilities in a safe manner.
The Safety Committee’s other specific duties are:
- Promote the safest practices for operating personnel.
- Promote a safe operating environment at treatment facilities.
- Promote the best interest of the Association and all people employed in water pollution control related fields by stimulating interest in and awareness of safety.
- To be the control point for all available or needed information on safety and to distribute the information to the membership primarily through demonstrations at meetings, the Journal, and The Collector.
- To cooperate and coordinate with the WEF’s Safety Committee and NEWEA’s Safety Committees.
Safety Corner Articles
Note: Contacts at the end of articles may change. To obtain further
information please contact one of the members listed above.
Don’t ignore a Near Miss
Equipment Labeling & LO-TO
Heavy Equipment Operation
Slip, Trip, Fall
The following information brought to you as a result of our joint membership with the SHCNNE
Starting a Safety Program in the Work Place
|Starting a Safety Program
Example of a Safety Walk Through
Example of Weekly Safety Meeting Minutes
Template for Weekly Safety Meeting Minutes
Template for Quarterly Safety Walk Through
The NHWPCA Safety Committee Announces NEW Joint Membership with the Safety & Health Council of Northern New England. See SHCNNE link below.
Additional Safety Resources Links
|Occupational Safety & Health Administration link||http://www.osha.gov|
|National Safety Council||http://www.nsc.org|
|Safety & Health Council of Northern New England||http://www.shcnne.org/|
|CDC Bloodborne Infectious Diseases||http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/bbp/|
|National Safety Compliance
To Find a Trainer